Office Hours: Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday, January 13
- 7:30 a.m. Morning Prayer
- 8:30 a.m. Early Service
- 9:15 a.m. Annual Meeting Potluck Breakfast
- 10:30 a.m. Late Service
- 10th Annual Oyster Roast & Chili Fest Tickets on Sale after Church (Get um while they last!)
- Tuesday, January 15, 5:45 p.m. Service of Public Healing & Holy Eucharist
- Wednesday, January 16, 6 p.m. Cafe’ St. Alban & Epiphany Program (Details below – Please RSVP for dinner and/or childcare)
- Friday, January 25, 4:30-8 p.m. Annual Hickory Soup Kitchen Spaghetti Dinner (Details below)
Hickory Soup Kitchen Annual Spaghetti Dinner
Friday, January 25, 4:30-8 p.m.
Come and join us for a great meal to benefit a great cause! Since 1991 the Hickory Soup Kitchen Board of Directors have served up Spaghetti, salad, and your choice of over 20 homemade deserts, all prepared for your enjoyment, and to raise money to feed the hungry in our area. This 28 year tradition is one you won’t want to miss! Take out is also available. Please call ahead with orders of 8 or more.
Ticket price is $10.00 per person attending, no
child discount tickets. Give the cook of the house a rest on that evening.
See Rege Duralia or call 864-266-6796 for tickets or
Barbara in the church office. It’s a great bargain.
10th Annual Oyster Roast & Chili Fest – Saturday, January 26
Get your tickets NOW! Limited number available.
This is a 21 & Over Event!!!
$25 per person
Price includes Oysters, Chili, Desserts, & Beverages (beer, wine, & non-alcoholic options)
All proceeds go directly to St. Alban’s Outreach Ministries supporting local, national, & worldwide causes.
NEW THIS YEAR!!! Don’t wait until you arrive at the event to bring your chili!
Attention: Chili makers.
Those who have indicated that they will be bringing chili to the Oyster Roast, please note!!
We will be in Ferebee Hall beginning at 10am on Saturday, January 26th to receive your chili entry. There will be 3 X 5 cards available with a number on them for you to name your chili and list a few of the main ingredients. Please sign in you name on the clipboard sheet beside the number of your card. Please do not put your name on the chili, the judges don’t want to know who the chef is until the judging is completed.
PLEASE bring your Chili to the church between 10-4 pm, to avoid craziness at the last minute. Be creative, this is always FUN!!
Café St. Alban’s and Transforming Questions [Wednesday nights from Jan. 9 to Feb. 27]. Jesus asked: Who do you say that I am? Asking questions is an essential part of our faith. Nearly every person who encountered God in the Bible asked serious questions. During our Wednesday nights – Epiphany series – we will wrestle with some of the basic yet fundamental questions of our faith. Who was Jesus? Why did Jesus choose to die? Did Jesus have to die? What can we do, with God’s help? Can we question our faith? Does God meet us in prayer? Does God answer prayer? Why do bad things happen? Where is God when suffering happens? Where do we go when we die? How can we question faithfully? Supper begins at 6:00PM, with program to follow at 6:30PM. Childcare will be provided. Please RSVP for the supper and/or childcare by signing-up at the kiosk in the Commons Room; call the church office: (828) – 324 – 1351; or email Cami (email@example.com)
- Wednesday, January 16
- Wednesday, January 23
- Wednesday, January 30
- Wednesday, February 6
- Wednesday, February 13
- Wednesday, February 20
- Wednesday, February 27
Supper begins at 6 p.m. and the Advent program begins promptly at 6:30 p.m.
Please RSVP by doing one of the following:
- Calling the Office (828)324-1351
- Emailing Cami (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sign up at the kiosk
Please remember, RSVPing allows us to prepare for our meal and child care.
Now is the time to make plans for Saturday, March 30!!!
St. Alban’s is hosting it’s annual Rise Against Hunger meal packing event and we need your help!
Click on the “Rise Against Hunger” link below and sign up to volunteer and/or donate funds to help make this event a success. It is a wonderful way to get the family involved in helping others and its so much fun.
St. Alban’s Music Ministry Opportunities
Choir Opportunities for all ages. Please come join us and bring a friend. God loves a cheerful Ringer & Singer! All the action and preparation happens on Wednesday evenings:
- 5:00 p.m. Wee Ringers, Grades K-5, downstairs;
- 5:30 p.m. Cantor Kids, Grades K-5, downstairs;
- 5:30 p.m. New Bell Choir, Grades 6 to INFINITY!!! This is the opportunity many of you have been waiting for! If you want to learn how to ring handbells, this group is for you. We will meet in the church and Miss Tammy will teach everything you need to know about bells.
- 6:00 p.m. Oxford Ringers, this group is for advanced, experienced ringers. Contact Tammy if you are interested in ringing.
- 7:00 p.m. Adult Choir, if you love to sing and read music, please join us every week as we rehearse wonderful music working toward enhancing the 10:30 a.m. worship service.
Donating Online is Quick and Easy.
Click on the green button below.
ST. ALBAN’S MEN’S STUDY GROUP meets at 7:30 a.m. the first and third Tuesday each month. The group’s purpose is to expand our ability to serve the people we meet in our daily lives through study and prayer. These methods include Bible study, book study and videos. The Men’s Study Group is open to all men. Newcomers are always welcome.
Upcoming Meetings: Tuesday, January 15, 7:30 a.m. & Tuesday, February 5, 7:30 a.m.